I have made a list of links to different tools and services that I use on this blog and in my online businesses. I highly recommend these as I personally use them and I think will also be beneficial for you.
I’ll add to this list new tools as I come across them. I recommend you bookmark this page for future reference.
Disclosure- Some of the links below are affiliate links. They are not here just for the little commission I get from it. I have my word for them and I highly recommend them. If you are not sure about them, do some research before you plan to buy them.
Domain And Hosting
- BlueHost – Trusted and recommended by almost all big boys out there. Because of its robustness and one-click WordPress install I too have my vote for this.
- SpeedHost India – My personal favorite. Simple, cheap and no non-sense web hosting.
- WordPress.org – World’s best blogging platform. Free and used by millions of blogs and websites all over the world. Gyantastic also runs on WordPress.
- TypePad – A free hosted option.
- Blogger – Free blogging platform by Google.
- Blogging 101 – Post series by me on learning blogging from scratch.
- How to Start a Blog That Matters – Great course on blogging by Corbett Bar (of thinktraffic.com).
- Free WordPress Themes – Free themes directory by WordPress.org
- Elegant Themes – This is what gives Gyantastic it present look. Simple, easy to use and SEO friendly themes. Highly recommended.
- Thesis Themes – They provide beautiful themes along with framework so that you can create your customized themes. Again highly recommended.
- Woo Themes – Another premium themes provider.
- Clickbank – Best affiliate network for informational products.
- Commission Junction – Again an affiliate network with all sorts of products and services.
- GetResponse – The best email marketing service provider out there. This is what I use use for building and managing lists and creating newsletters. I highly recommend this. Read my GetResponse review here.
- Aweber – Most used and recommended email service provider by internet marketers.
- WP-Responder – A free WordPress plugin for email marketing. Best when you’re just starting out and don’t have much budget or subscribers.
- OptinSkin – Add gorgeous Opt-in boxes and social share boxes to your blog in seconds. Used by many big blogs like Smat Passive Income and Man vs. Debt.
- Unbounce – Used by the big brands across the globe, it is the leading landing page creating SaaS in the market.
Search Engine Optimization
- Market Samurai – Number one tool for doing keyword research and analyzing SEO competition that I personally use. I highly recommend this tool.
- Google Adwords Tool – Free keyword research tool by Google.
Freelancing and Outsourcing
- oDesk – Here’s where I did my freelancing work. Great service for new freelancers with good customer support.
- Freelancer – It is one of the biggest freelancing workspace. It has now grown very big after acquisition of Scriptlance.
- For more freelance websites read this post.