Imagine how life would be if you don’t have to get up early in the morning to start preparing for your 9-to-5 job. Wouldn’t the be great if you could get up by as late as 10 AM or even 11AM in the morning and not worry about your boss breathing down your neck. Imagine your life when you can work in your pajamas, have more time for family and being your own boss.
You can achieve this all by Freelancing.
Freelancing is when you sell your services or work for different employers but are not permanently working in any company or have a higher boss. As a freelancer you have control over your own work and life. There are many advantages of freelancing that sets it apart from he usual 9-5 job. I’ve written 7 most obvious advantages of freelancing below…
7 Advantages of Freelancing
1. Control Over Your Time : The most obvious advantage is free time. Since you are not tied to any company nor have a higher boss, you have control over your time. Unlike in an office, there is no time in and time out. You have the free will to choose when to work and for how long.
2. Control Over Your Work And Income : You are free to choose the types of work that you want to apply for and also which jobs to accept. If you are a student, for example, you can do your work during your free time or on weekends. You can also choose how much work load to accept. This also affects how much you earn. You can choose how much to earn, yes that’s true, the more work you accept the more earnings you will receive.
3. Power Of Working From Home : Work from your own home. No need to worry about commuting to the office or having to deal with rush hour. No more worrying about waking up late and being late. You can also work in any attire you wish even pajamas since you will be staying at home.
4. Better Social Life : More chances of widening your social life. As a freelancer you get to meet more people since you will be contacting clients, employers, businesses and many more. Also as you can manage your time according to your will, you can spend more time with your friends and family.
5. You Decide Your Promotion : Promotion is guaranteed since you are your own boss. When you do great on your job this will reflect on your feedback scores which other clients can see. High feedback scores mean bigger and better opportunities.
6. Better Work – Life Balance : Easier to balance work life and personal life. Since you are able to control your schedule, you no longer need to worry about missing special occasions like birthday parties, anniversaries or your child’s special day in school. No need to worry if your boss will allow you to go on leave for a family vacation. If you feel bad about leaving your work behind as well as missing on all the opportunities while on leave you can easily take your work with you. As long as you have a stable internet connection and a personal computer or laptop with you, you’ve got nothing to worry.
7. Guaranteed Growth : Growth is guaranteed and continuous. You are not bound by any confined office space or controlled by anyone. As you improve as a freelancer so does your skills. With every job you take on, you get better and batter.
So these are the 7 advantages of working as a freelancer over a tedious 9-5 job. I hope you’ll think over these and decide on which life you’d want to live : Freelancer or 9-5 worker.
Tip: Join Freelancer.com now to setup your free Freelancer account and start earning money online today.
Leave a comment below to tell me what you think…